Saturday, February 12, 2011


"This isn't the way I will raise my kids, you know? I see these women, these... these robots, these perfect trophy wifes, blonde hair, flawless nails, stiff fake breasts, flicks of plastic surgery in every visible part of their faces, tough attitude, high heels... I just don't see myself growing that way. I see myself in another plan of life. I see me simpler, happier, truthfull to my family and friends. I do not see my future in a hair salon or a tanning spa. I think about my kids with me, stepping barefoot in the sand, rolling in the grass, laughing and talking about their favorite cartoons. Sharing, loving. I see myself saying 'no' when they have to hear it. I see them understanding and respecting their parents. I see reciprocal consideration and honesty. I see them with me at work in the theatre sometimes, playing with masks, imporvising. I see them telling me about what they learned in school and I see myself listening carefully and adding even more details for their stories. I see them not feeling pressured about getting only A+s in school. I see them playing instruments, sports, making art. I see them hugging their friends, loving people, being social. I see trips, not as often as now, but I see it. I see them going alone to other countries, discovering other cultures, getting to know the world they live in. I see their father bawling, with happiness in his eyes when he first sees them. I see emotion and simplicity. I see a beautiful life and a real family in my future. The ones that the kids wake up in the middle of the night because of a thunderstorm and get under the covers with us, not because they are afraid, but because thunderstorms are special. I don't see myself plastified, trapped inside a box that I can't get out. I want my children to be loved, with all the love I can give, even if it's tough. I want to be a real mother."

No comments: